Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

My Prayer....

I have been reading in Psalms for my personal devotions. It has been a great reminder and comfort to me when it seems that more each day the world seems to be more and more far from God. It seems that more people are denying and rejecting their need and reliance on God. My prayer is that there would never be a day where I don't realize that Jesus is the only reason I'm alive. As the world is fading and falling away from God, we would be closer to God than ever before. As Psalms 73:28 says, "But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds."

Last night before bed, I read Psalm 71. It blew me away! It struck me as prayer that every Christian should be praying.
Psalm 71:3-9,14-21 says:
"Be my rock of refuge; to which I can always go;
give me the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.
Deliver me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of evil and cruel men.
For you have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth.
From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb.
I will ever praise you.
I have become like a portent to many, but you are my strong refuge.
My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your slendor all day long.
Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone.
But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.
My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I not know its measure.
I will come and proclaim your righterousness, yours alone.
Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
Even when I am old and grey, do not frosake me O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, you might to all who are to come.
Your righteousness reaches to the skies, O God, you who have done great things.
Who, O God is like you?
Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again."


"Heavenly Father, as the world is rebelling and declaring their independance from You their Creator, Lord let that never be said of us. Let there never be a second in our lives there we think that our own fragile, sinful bodies does not need You.But I pray that we would be desprite for You, our hearts would long for Your Presence. Help us to cliing to You and not to the world. Let us be a people who You and pleased with and proud of. May You capture our hearts and help us to live lives in such a way that with radically change the world for Your Glory alone."

No comments: