Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Getting Crafty... Antique Dresser and Decorative Pillows. :)

So I am not a crafty person so to speak, but recently, I have gotten into decorating and making things look cute! Especially when it's cheap!! :) I'm re-doing my bedroom and am trying to spend as little money as possible so I'm making or reusing alot of stuff I already had. (I'll post pics of the re-do when I'm completely finished. :)

The Antique Dresser....

We've had this dresser for about 5 years. A friend gave it to us with the hopes of us revamping it and making it look cute! It was ugly so I painted it white and did the detail in a sea foam aqua. (to match my wall paint) After a couple of years it needed a little more flair. So I painted the detail black!! And I LOVE it!! It is now a room focal point!


Before....


After....




I still need to do a little touch-ups but I'm really happy with it! :)

Decorative Pillows....

I love fun pillows... but they are pretty expensive for just being pillows. So I decided I'm gonna make mine! :) I bought some fabric and the pre-made pillows from Hobby Lobby and now I have cute pillows!!! :) I've made 3 so far and working on a 4th. Here are some pics.




My Africa pillow. :)


The back....


4 comments:

Dawn said...

I am totally going to make pillows like you did! I have been wanting to have multiple-colored pillows for our red couch and I can't ever afford to buy some. Making them is a great idea!!

Hayley said...

Yay! I love them!!! So glad I could help pick out the fabric! I can't wait to come over and see the final reveal! :)

Natalie said...

Those pillows are too cute! And, I love what you've done with the dresser!

Joanna Kristina said...

What a wonderful idea! I like how the dresser really pops now and the pillows are so cute! I love the fabric you chose, so pretty!