Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Trusting the Lord with My Future...

"Wow, I'm a senior." I keep thinking that. Where has the time gone?!?! I still have a hard time believing that I am in my last year of school. The planner in me is coming out as I think- "Ok in one year from now, where will I be? In college, not college? If so where? Bible college? Nursing school? If not college... then the mission field? Just working??? What??" Honestly, I'm pretty scared. I like being in control of my life. I like to know what's ahead of me. Thankfully, God hasn't made us to know all the answers in life. I think if we did we wouldn't trust God and His Sovereignty over our lives. Right now, I really don't have a firm idea as for what or where God is leading me after high school. But I do know I have a God who knows every detail of my life... the past... present and future. Though I don't know what lies ahead. I have a God who can be trusted. He is faithful. My time is in His hands.

I have been dwelling on these passages of Scripture lately:

Psalm 37:3-7,
"Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. DELIGHT yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!"

Psalm 34:4-5, "I sought the Lord and He heard me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant and their faces shall never be ashamed."

Isaiah 26:3-4, "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is STAYED ON YOU, because he TRUSTS in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock."

Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He will make straight your paths."

Jeremiah 33:3,"Call to me and I will answer you,and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known."

No comments: