Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Looking For Love...

God's love has really been on my mind alot lately. I've realized how much I take it for granted. Or how many times I go throughout my day without grasping God's goodness and love for me.
We sing,"He love us, oh how He loves us, oh how He loves..."

But do really realize the truth and power in those words? His love is truly all we need. It's enough. I forget that truth alot.

Instead we go after the approval and love of our friends, peers and guys. I see so many girls who go into one relationship after the next... looking for approval and acceptance and love in guys. We think that their love will be enough, that it will make us complete, that we'll be worth something when we have finally met "the one." But that's a lie.

Jesus' love is enough.

We believe that God spoke and life came to be. We believe that Jesus had the power to heal the sick, blind, lame,the lepers and to rise from the dead three days after his death. We believe that He is living and reigning. We believe He has knows everything about us, He knows the number of hairs on our heads. We believe He knows every thought and every moment of our lives. But somehow we think He's not enough. He can't be all we need. What we are really saying to God when we look for love in everyone and everything except God is this: "God, You really can't love me like I need to be loved. You can't romance and cherish me like I want to be. God, You're not enough."

I need to clarify, earthly romance is not wrong obviously. But it becomes an issue when it becomes our obcession, our identity, and sense of worth.

I am realizing that I already have a love story. It's with my King Jesus.

He rescued me from my state of shame and sin- without hope of escape. He came to my side and laid His own life down to redeem my soul. He took me and purified my heart and soul. Exchanging my filthy rags for a pure white gown. And an eternity with Him is my joy.

So for those of us who are believers- this is our love story. It's every girls dream to be rescued and romanced by a prince. Our prince is Jesus Christ- we are His bride. That's all I need. God's love is perfect, unfailing, unending, everlasting, true, faithful, pure, merciful and constant and so such more than I can fathom.

Tenth Avenue North's song,"By Your Side" sums this thought up.

Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you

Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life

No comments: