Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hello Uganda!! :)

Hello from Uganda!! I made it safely! All flights and connections went great! Today, was a recoup day for me... so I spent most of the day unpacking, resting and and getting used to Africa!! My friends Grace and Britt (both from Arkansas)and I went into Jinja and looked at shops filled with beautiful earrings, necklaces, bags, and paintings! I had my first boda ride (bodas are motorcycle taxis) It was a blast!! :) This afternoon I spent my time playing with the babies and toddlers. I got my first, "I love you Auntie Mariah" with made my day!!

I am feeling really good despite the jet lag. I'm not too tired which is surprising since I was up for about 33 hours!!

I will give you more of an update in the next few days after I get adjusted to my schedule and have a little more to share. Thank you all so much for your prayers!!

Love you all!

Mariah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mariah! We are super happy that you arrived safely! How exciting that we get to keep up with you on here!

Lydia and I just prayed for you and those precious babies! :) We know that God will use you mightily!

"We will pray for you everyday and after we do everything. We will pray for you in the morning and every time. I love you more than the toys I play with." (words straight from Lydia)!

We will continue to pray and we love your heart and what God is doing as you obey His will!!

Dawn said...

Awesome!!!