Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

While I wait.....

The wait, be still and trust theme seems to be what the Lord wants me to learn in this season of my life. It came up again when I was studying Psalm 37: 1-7. Such a great passage and study!

"Fret not yourself because of evildoers; be not envious of wrongdoers! For they will soon fade like the grass and wither like the green herb. Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in His way, over the man who carries out evil devices."

~Psalm 37:1-7~

 I focused on what God commands us to do and what He promises us.
He commands us to:
(1.) Fret not.
(2.) Do not be envious.
(3.) Trust in the Lord.
(4.) Do good.
(5.) Befriend faithfulness.
(6.) Delight in the Lord.
(7.) Commit your way to Him.
(8.) Trust Him (again... :)
(9.) Be still before Him.
(10.) Wait patiently for Him.
(11.) Fret not. (again.)

God calls us not to worry and not look on the ones who prosper in their own strength but to look to Him and trust Him- the everlasting Rock who will not pass away. Instead of worrying and fretting- trust in the Lord and do His work and become faithful to Him.
 In times of trials and difficulties and in circumstances that could cause us to worry or fear use them to exercise your spiritual muscles and trust in the Lord and be faithful to Him! Trials show us where our faith and trust lies. Either in God or in ourselves. In who He is or in our circumstances.
God also commands us to delight in Him. When I am delighting in Him I will not be carried away with worry or anxiety because I will be taken up with Him! He is my Peace and Surety. It says that He will give me the desires of my heart. But if I am delighting in Him then what will the desires of my heart be? Will it be for this world and the things that do not satisfy? No! It will be for more and more of Him!
The Lord also says for us to commit our way to Him, trust Him, be still before Him, wait for Him and fret not. So often I commit my way to Him and then run off and not be still and wait for Him. Instead I go on fretting like before. Fix your eyes on Jesus- friends of mine! Trust in the Lord! Wait upon Him!

God promises that He will act. Even when it looks like He is not working.... He is. Even when it seems as if He is silent... He is there. Remember the Truth. What has God promised to His children? What does God say about Himself? Do we believe that His Word cannot lie? Do we believe that His promises are true and they are for us? He will act. We will not leave us or forsake us. He is faithful to His children. Cling to those truths and promises as you wait and trust Him.



No comments: